Organised to coincide with the 54th edition of the Venice Biennale, the exhibition entitled PIETAS will feature five large marble sculptures by the Flemish artist Jan Fabre, including an unprecedented reinterpretation of Michelangelo’s Pietà.Curated by Giacinto Di Pietrantonio and by Katerina Koshina and promoted by the GAMeC – Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, Bergamo, by the State Museum of Contemporary Art, Thessaloniki, and by the Kunsthistorisches Museum of Vienna.
Nuova Scuola Grande di Santa Maria della Misericordia
Sestiere Cannaregio 3599
Fondamenta della Misericordia
From 25 May until 23 September 2012, the city of Antwerp will present the exhibition PIETAS JAN FABRE. Created by Jan Fabre in 2011, this marble sculptural suite was featured for the first time during the 54th Venice Biennale, where it occupied the prestigious Nuova Scuola Grande di Santa Maria della Misericordia. In the artist’s home city of Antwerp, PIETAS will be the first exhibition to be held in the renovated Parkloods in Park Spoor Noord.
- € 8
– € 6: seniors and groups (> 12 persons)
– € 2: People of Antwerp with an A-card
– € 1: 12 to 26 years
– Free: -12 years, Omnio-status on A-card, teachers and classes, friends of the Antwerp museums
– Payment can NOT be funded with Bancontact, cash only.
– Combined ticket € 10: with the MAS-exhibition ‘Masterpieces in the MAS. Five centuries of images in Antwerp
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed on Mondays and the 15th of September
Parkloods, Park Spoor Noord
Damplein 31 – 37